Finding and working with a personal injury or workers’ compensation lawyer is not another complication; it’s a step toward a better resolution. If you live in the Denver area, I can take over your complications and make your life simpler while seeking full compensation on your behalf. I handle all types of motor vehicle and workplace accident cases for clients, assisting with injury claims that range from minor to severe. I can get you the help you need to deal with your injuries.
In Need of a Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Denver, CO?
Hurt on the job in Colorado? You need a top workers’ compensation lawyer in Denver on your side. As a sole practitioner who is devoted to personalized legal representation, I founded the Law Offices of W. Dan Mahoney, P.C., with a mission of protecting the rights and interests of injured workers. I am an experienced Denver workers’ compensation attorney who handles all aspects of workplace injury claims in Colorado. From the moment I start managing your case, you can trust that you are in good hands with a reliable workers’ comp lawyer in Denver. Here is an overview of some of the key points that you should know about workers’ compensation laws in Colorado:
- All Employers in Colorado are Required to Provide Workers’ Comp: In Colorado, it is mandatory for all employers to provide workers’ compensation insurance, regardless of the size or nature of their business. The law is in place to help to ensure that employees who get injured or fall ill due to work-related causes are properly protected. Employers must acquire workers’ comp insurance as soon as they hire their first employee.
- Workers’ Comp Insurance Offers No-Fault Benefits: You do not need to prove your employer’s negligence as part of your workers’ compensation claim. An injured worker can still be eligible for benefits regardless of who is at fault for the workplace injury or illness. Even if an employee’s own mistake contributed to the injury, they can still receive benefits. As long as you were hurt in the course and scope of your employment, you can bring a claim.
- Medical Coverage, Wage Replacement, and Other Benefits May Be Available: When an employee is injured on the job in Colorado, workers’ compensation insurance typically covers medical expenses related to the injury. Among other things, medical coverage can include hospital bills, prescription medications, physical therapy, and other reasonable and necessary expenses. Additionally, if the injury results in the employee being unable to work, wage replacement benefits may be available. These benefits are generally calculated at two-thirds of the employee’s average weekly wage, such as Colorado state minimum and maximum amounts.
- You Have the Right to Appeal a Workers’ Comp Denial: Was your workers’ compensation claim denied? You need a skilled Denver workers’ comp appeals lawyer on your side. It is important to know that you have rights under Colorado law to appeal the decision. During the appeals process, you may want to submit additional evidence along with your claim. Do not take on the insurance company alone. As an experienced Denver workers’ comp lawyer, I am ready to help you navigate an appeal.
Following an incident in the workplace, it is normal to have a lot of questions about your rights and your options. Be ready to consult with an experienced Denver workers’ compensation lawyer. I am standing by, ready to review your case and help you understand what you need to do next to protect your rights and put yourself in the best possible position to secure the maximum workers’ compensation benefits. As a Denver workers’ compensation lawyer with decades of experience, I put in the time, resources, and attention to detail to help injured employees get the best outcome.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Denver
Were you hurt in an accident in Denver or elsewhere in the surrounding region? It is imperative that you have a top Colorado personal injury attorney on your side. I handle the full range of personal injury cases. No matter the nature of your accident or the severity of your injuries, my law firm is ready to take action to help you fight for the full and fair financial compensation that you rightfully deserve. Along with other types of cases in Denver, I have experience with the following:
- Car Accidents: Motor vehicle accident claims are complicated. Following a crash, victims may be left dealing with medical bills, lost wages, and tremendous pain and suffering. Unfortunately, you cannot rely on insurance companies to protect your best interests. As an experienced Denver car accident lawyer, I fight to help victims and families get justice.
- Truck Accidents: Semi-truck accidents often result in severe damages due to the size and weight of the vehicles involved. As a Denver trucking accident lawyer, I am committed to helping victims hold large trucking companies and their commercial insurers accountable.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable on the road. I am an experienced Denver motorcycle accident attorney with the specialized skills, experience, and legal expertise needed to assist my clients in navigating legal hurdles and establishing liability so that they can secure the maximum available compensation.
- Bicyclist and Pedestrian Injuries: Denver is one of the best regions in the country for bicyclists. The city is increasingly pedestrian-friendly. Unfortunately, safety issues still remain. I am committed to protecting the rights of injured cyclists and injured pedestrians. From negotiating with insurance companies to representing injured victims in court, I always work diligently to help injured victims recover full and fair compensation.
- Hit-and-Run Claims and Uninsured Motorist Claims: As Denver personal injury attorney, I provide solutions-driven legal representation to people navigating hit-and-run accident claims as well as cases involving uninsured motorists. Hurt in a hit-and-run case or a crash with an uninsured driver? Contact my law firm today for your free consultation.
- Premises Liability: Premises liability cases revolve around injuries sustained due to unsafe conditions on someone else’s property. Colorado law requires businesses and property owners to ensure that their premises are in a reasonably safe and secure condition for customers and other guests. I am an experienced Denver premises liability attorney with the professional expertise to take on all types of cases, from slip-and-falls to dog bites.
- Insurance Coverage Disputes: When insurance companies deny claims or offer inadequate settlements, my law firm assists clients in insurance coverage disputes. I am prepared to scrutinize insurance policies to determine the rightful coverage, negotiate with insurance companies for a fair settlement, and, if needed, represent clients in litigation.