The Law Offices of W. Dan Mahoney, P.C.
Schedule a free consultation
Personal Injury & Workers' Compensation Finding the right lawyer is not another complication; it's a step toward a better resolution.
In This Section

Will workers' compensation cover a car accident?

You may not associate workers' compensation with auto accidents in Colorado, but the two may be intertwined depending on the circumstances. If you were working at the time of your car accident, you could be eligible for workers' compensation benefits.

Applying for workers' comp after a job-related car accident could result in payment for your medical costs and two-thirds of your gross weekly wages. You could receive payment for weeks or months depending on the extent of your injuries.

Who workers' compensation covers

In Colorado, the workers' compensation system covers all employees in the public and private employment sectors, with a few exceptions. Employers must pay for workers' compensation insurance if they have one or more employees. Workers' comp could protect you whether you work full- or part-time.

Workers' compensation may cover your damages after a car accident in Denver if you work as a delivery person, mail carrier, police officer, government agent or in another position that requires you to drive as part of the job. If you were on the clock at the time of the car accident, you could be eligible for workers' comp benefits, whether you caused the crash or not.

Workers' compensation after an auto accident

Workers' compensation pays for certain losses after an on-the-job injury. The program in Colorado covers most personal injuries and illnesses, both minor and severe. To receive workers' compensation benefits, you do not have to prove anyone's negligence. Instead, you will simply have to show that you suffered an injury or illness and that it occurred while you were performing job-related tasks, including driving.

Apply for workers' compensation with your employer's assistance. Once you report your injuries, it is your employer's duty to fill out the required forms and file them with the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment. You can also file your claim yourself if your employer fails to do so. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

The Law Offices of W. Dan Mahoney, P.C.
700 17th St.
Suite 1300
Denver, CO 80202

Phone: 303-225-7396
Fax: 303-407-2400
Map & Directions